The ability to simplify complexities and steer projects with perspective comes with experience, something our Technical Director values in his search for a team lead.
With every project undertaken, new ground is covered by our technical team. So as our force grows in both skills and size, we need a seasoned developer in our Newcastle city-centre HQ - someone to be a trusted and crucial component, with an innate ability to innovate.
Collaborating with our User Experience and Design teams, you will take a leadership role in a progressive workforce and manage projects in a reactive environment.
From agile web builds to software launches, apps on Apple Watch to BBC Hackathons, you’ll be helping to transform the way brands and organisations (such as Philips, the NHS, Aston Martin Racing, HMRC, and Barbour) do business, globally.
A bit about you:
- 5+ years’ technical work experience
- Skilled in suite of modern languages (.NET, Java, Scala, Clojure, iOS, Android +)
- Outstanding programming skills
- Experience of cloud platforms including AWS/Azure
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and web frameworks such as Sitecore, Sitefinity, Kentico, Drupal, Umbraco
A bit about us:
- Our current Development team is made up of 40 specialists, from a multitude of backgrounds from games development to VR and banking to government.
- 11 years strong with a force of 120, and counting.
- Innovation is our product, we dedicate 10% of revenue to advancing in this area.
- We offer staff annual leave starting at 23 days rising to 27 days, including the option to purchase additional days annually, competitive salaries, pension scheme and the opportunity to shape our business.
- Choose from a range of benefits to suit you: childcare vouchers, discounted gym membership, season ticket loans, dental plans and much more.
- Casual, friendly office culture. Staff work hard together,and enjoy Friday afternoon Beers with Ideas, social events and hackdays.
- Our unique offices include a Games Room, Ideas Room and areas dedicated to agile project delivery.
Expiry: 31 Oct 2017 Salary: 35k+ depending on experience