Closing date: 01/05/2017
Salary: £30k+ (Depending on location)
The ability to simplify complexities and steer projects with perspective comes with experience, something our Technical Director values in his search for a team lead.
With every project undertaken, new ground is covered by our technical team. So as our force grows in both skills and size, we need a seasoned developer in our Newcastle city-centre HQ - someone to be a trusted and crucial component, with an innate ability to innovate.
Collaborating with our User Experience and Design teams, you will take a leadership role in a progressive workforce and manage projects in a reactive environment.
From agile web builds to software launches, apps on Apple Watch to BBC Hackathons, you’ll be helping to transform the way brands and organisations (such as Philips, the NHS, Aston Martin Racing, HMRC, and Barbour) do business, globally.
A bit about you:
- 5+ years’ technical work experience
- Skilled in suite of modern languages (including PHP, .NET, Scala, Clojure, iOS, Android +)
- Outstanding programming skills
- Preferred Linux or Unix experience
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and web frameworks such as CodeIgniter, Django, Spring, Drupal or Adobe CQ.
- Keen interest in DevOps, continuous integration and QA.
A bit about us:
- 10 years strong with a force of 120, and counting.
- Innovation is our product, we dedicate 10% of revenue to advancing in this area.
- We offer 23 days holiday to staff, competitive salaries and the opportunity to shape our business.
- Casual, friendly office culture. Staff work hard together, and enjoy Friday afternoon Beers with Ideas, social events and hackdays.
- Our Newcastle HQ hosts production teams; workspaces include the Games Room and areas dedicated to agile project delivery.