User Experience Designer
Closing date: 01/06/2017
Salary: £22k - 40k PA
User Experience leads the way in the disruption and evolution of brands. If you’re curious about what works, and love to make things even better just because you can, Orange Bus has an opportunity for you.
Our User Experience (UX) Director, Joanne Rigby, is looking for passionate, inquisitive and talented UX designer to join her growing team in Newcastle HQ.
Collaborating with our Design and Development teams, you’ll become a part of a progressive workforce and reactive environment. From agile web builds to software launches, apps on Apple Watch to BBC Hackathons, we’ll be designing the next generation of digital experiences for the clients such as Philips, the NHS, Aston Martin Racing and Barbour.
A bit about you:
- 3+ years’ work experience - preferably with a portfolio to demonstrate.
- A degree or proven experience in design, HCI, research, multimedia, product design, web development or any related field to a 2:1 or 1st level.
- Confident in conducting workshops to exert requirements and build project understanding.
- Translate existing processes and analytics to report areas for improvement with design rationale in line with technical feasibility.
- Plan and conduct qualitative and quantitative user research; experience mapping, service design, conduct audience and stakeholder interviews, create personas, plan user flows and site structure, create low/high resolution wireframes and prototypes, facilitate usability testing.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical, written, problem solving, oral and diagrammatic communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with other teams.
- Preferably show experience with Analytics and A/B testing tools, InDesign and Axure RP a bonus.
A bit about us:
- 10 years strong with a force of 120, and counting.
- Innovation is our product, we dedicate 10% of revenue to advancing in this area.
- We offer 23 days holiday to staff, competitive salaries and the opportunity to shape our business.
- Casual, friendly office culture. Staff work hard together, and enjoy Friday afternoon Beers with Ideas, social events and hackdays.
- Our Newcastle HQ hosts production teams; workspaces include the Games Room and areas dedicated to agile project delivery.