Account DirectorLocation | Newcastle
The responsibility of the Account Director is to manage and own strong client relationships in a portfolio of key accounts. This role is responsible for the growth, health and maintenance of high revenue, high volume clients, working on opportunities with the value of £750k+. The Account Director has the direct responsibility to engage with and cultivate client relationships at the highest level, with the confidence and experience to work in accounts on strategy and planning. The Account Director is responsible for the qualification, scoping, development and closure of sales opportunities - this is specifically client growth activities, not day to day project delivery. The role is the main, senior client contact for client and client stakeholder engagement. This role is also the key interface between the client sponsor and the internal Orange Bus team - responsible for providing key bid information internally to brief consultants and contributors on the sale, ensuring clarity and clear win strategies.
The Account Director is an expert in their clients’ sectors and has a deep understanding of their clients’ strategies, vision and short and long-term objectives. The Account Director presents thought leadership in the account, is the go-to trusted adviser for all strategies pertaining to the Orange Bus value propositions and is abreast of all industry trends. This role engages with clients to understand needs and issues and develops proposals to address them. There is a requirement to be highly mobile and an expectation that this role works closely with the client on client site as appropriate.
The Account Director role will also be flexible and able to undertake inbound new business opportunities, following the standard qualification and sales process.
This role currently has revenue targets that will feed directly into a personal commission plan. Orange Bus reserve the right to change commission plans and/or target structures.
A bit about you:
- Impeccably researched and maintained account growth plans with accounts growing in revenue year on year.
- Excellent client relationship skills. Capable of achieving the confidence and trust of clients.
- Confident sales presentation skills
- Can evidence successful client assignments and relationships based on client feedback.
- Can use network to benefit Orange Bus’ position within new or existing clients.
- Has demonstrated the potential for team leading capability and can confidently co-ordinate a bid team to ensure formal bid timelines are achieved.
- Has client facing consultancy experience across a range of complex engagements.
- Has a good business background, and a strong understanding of how organisations operate from across a range of sectors.
- Can apply business transformation, change management and benefits management approaches on a bid or potentially within a client environment.
- Has excellent consultancy led selling with high profile clients operating at C-Suite level.
- Can demonstrate evidence of skill or sector specialism and has deep sector knowledge for their account portfolio.
- Has in depth commercial knowledge and can lead on the commercial modelling of sales opportunities.
- Understands future trends in line with the Orange Bus value propositions and can confidently articulate these to clients.
- Works well in a team environment with a focus on managing resources and co-ordinating assets/deliverables.
- Strong analytical, oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Essential: A minimum of 5 years operating in a senior Account Management/Director environment with evidenced, proven track record of successful client growth, following sales process and strong closing skills. Evidence of working on and closing £750k+ sales.
- Desirable: A minimum of 3 years in consultancy led selling with evidenced proven track record of strong client relationships and opportunity scoping. Has relevant professional qualifications or accreditations pertaining to the sales and/or account management environment
A bit about us:
- 11 years strong with a force of 120, and counting.
- Innovation is our product, we dedicate 10% of revenue to advancing in this area.
- We offer staff annual leave starting at 23 days rising to 27 days, including the option to purchase additional days annually, competitive salaries, pension scheme and the opportunity to shape our business.
- Choose from a range of benefits to suit you: childcare vouchers, discounted gym membership, season ticket loans, dental plans and much more.
- Casual, friendly office culture. Staff work hard together,and enjoy Friday afternoon Beers with Ideas, social events and hackdays. Our unique offices include a Games Room, Ideas Room and areas dedicated to agile project delivery.
Thank you, your application has been submitted.