Business AnalystLocation | Newcastle
The role of Business Analyst is to review, analyse and evaluate business systems and user needs. Document requirements, define scope and objectives and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies.
May require an associate’s degree in a related area and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with relational database concepts and client-server concepts. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
A bit about you:
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Validate resource requirements and develop cost estimate models
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and programs of the client group
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making
- Plan and coordinate the development of primary and secondary market research studies in support of strategic planning and specific marketing initiatives, as required and presents findings of studies to client committees
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports
- Review a variety of areas including operations, purchasing, inventory, distribution and facilities
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues
A bit about us:
- 11 years strong with a force of 120, and counting.
- Innovation is our product, we dedicate 10% of revenue to advancing in this area.
- We offer staff annual leave starting at 23 days rising to 27 days, including the option to purchase additional days annually, competitive salaries, pension scheme and the opportunity to shape our business.
- Choose from a range of benefits to suit you: childcare vouchers, discounted gym membership, season ticket loans, dental plans and much more.
- Casual, friendly office culture. Staff work hard together,and enjoy Friday afternoon Beers with Ideas, social events and hackdays. Our unique offices include a Games Room, Ideas Room and areas dedicated to agile project delivery.
Thank you, your application has been submitted.