Business Development DirectorLocation | Newcastle
Responsible for the qualification, scoping, development and closure of new business opportunities with the value of £750k+. The Business Development Director is the senior lead client contact for client and client stakeholder engagement and cultivates relationships at the highest level. This role is also the key interface between the client sponsor and the internal Orange Bus team - responsible for providing key bid information internally to brief consultants and contributors to the sale, ensuring clarity and clear win strategies.
The Business Development Director has a deep understanding of the clients’ strategy, and vision and can quickly immerse themselves in a clients’ sector thereby providing relevant, expert consultancy. This role engages with clients to understand needs and issues and develops proposals or bids to address them. It also ensures an understanding of the competitive landscape, Orange Bus’ position in a bid and ability to influence opportunities and craft winning proposals There is a requirement to be highly mobile and an expectation that this role works closely with the client on client site as appropriate.
You will be building a healthy leads and opportunities pipeline and progressing through the Orange Bus sales process whilst following the Orange Bus due diligence process for the qualification of sales opportunities and the progress of an opportunity through the sale lifecycle.
Independently or with the support of the Head of Sales, you will set the direction for sales opportunities (where relevant with support from specialist consultants), leading the bid teams to ensure delivery of proposal, and take direct responsibility for the compilation of the engagement summary (estimate) and all commercial aspects of a bid.
You’ll have a sound understanding of standard delivery models i.e. Agile/Waterfall and can speak confidently with clients on delivery solutions – where relevant with support from specialist consultant.
This role currently has revenue targets that will feed directly into a personal commission plan. Orange Bus reserve the right to change commission plans and/or target structures.
A bit about you:
- Demonstrates the behaviour of a professional sales individual every day – sourcing leads, building pipeline and closing opportunities.
- Excellent client relationship skills. Capable of achieving the confidence and trust of clients.
- Confident sales presentation skills
- Can evidence successful client assignments and relationships based on client feedback.
- Can use network to benefit Orange Bus’ position within new or existing clients.
- Can co-ordinate a bid team to ensure formal bid timelines are achieved.
- Has C-Suite client facing consultancy experience across a range of complex engagements.
- Has an excellent business background, and a strong understanding of how organisations operate from across a range of sectors.
- Has excellent all-round consultancy led selling capability and can demonstrate evidence of skill or sector specialism and deep skill or sector knowledge.
- Has broad commercial knowledge and can lead on the commercial modelling of sales opportunities.
- Understands future trends in line with the Orange Bus value propositions and can confidently articulate these to clients.
- Works well in a team environment with a focus on managing resources and co-ordinating assets/deliverables.
- Strong analytical, oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Essential: A minimum of 5 years’ operating as a Business Development Director with evidenced, proven track record of building pipeline, following sales process and strong closing skills. Evidence of working on and closing £750k+ sales.
- Desirable: A minimum of 1 years in consultancy led selling with evidenced, proven track record of strong client relationships and opportunity scoping. Has relevant professional qualifications or accreditations pertaining to the sales environment.
### A bit about us: * 11 years strong with a force of 120, and counting. * Innovation is our product, we dedicate 10% of revenue to advancing in this area. * We offer staff annual leave starting at 23 days rising to 27 days, including the option to purchase additional days annually, competitive salaries, pension scheme and the opportunity to shape our business. * Choose from a range of benefits to suit you: childcare vouchers, discounted gym membership, season ticket loans, dental plans and much more. * Casual, friendly office culture. Staff work hard together,and enjoy Friday afternoon Beers with Ideas, social events and hackdays. Our unique offices include a Games Room, Ideas Room and areas dedicated to agile project delivery.
Thank you, your application has been submitted.