Business Development ManagerLocation | Newcastle
Responsible for the qualification, scoping, development and closure of sales opportunities with the value of up to £500k. The Business Development Manager is the lead client contact for client and client stakeholder engagement. This role is also the key interface between the client sponsor and the internal Orange Bus team - responsible for providing key bid information internally to brief consultants and contributors to the sale, ensuring clarity and clear win strategies.
The Business Development Manager understands the clients’ strategy and knowledge of the client sector or other relevant sectors. This role engages with clients to understand needs and issues and develops proposals to address them. There is a requirement to be highly mobile and an expectation that this role works closely with the client on client site as appropriate.
You will be building a healthy leads and opportunities pipeline and progressing through the Orange Bus sales process whilst following the Orange Bus due diligence process for the qualification of sales opportunities and the progress of an opportunity through the sale lifecycle. In addition, you will be independently or with the support of the Head of Sales, set the direction for sales opportunities (where relevant with support from specialist consultants), leading the bid teams to ensure delivery of proposal, and take direct responsibility for the compilation of the engagement summary (estimate) and all commercial aspects of a bid.
You will have a sound understanding of standard delivery models i.e. Agile/Waterfall and can speak confidently with clients on delivery solutions – where relevant with support from specialist consultant and be able to shape a high level project timeline and understands how to construct resource profiles to support both bids and project delivery.
This role currently has revenue targets that will feed directly into a personal commission plan. Orange Bus reserve the right to change commission plans and/or target structures.
A bit about you:
- Demonstrates the behaviour of a professional sales individual every day – sourcing leads, building pipeline and closing opportunities.
- Excellent client relationship skills. Very capable of achieving the confidence and trust of clients.
- Confident sales presentation skills
- Can evidence successful client assignments and relationships based on client feedback.
- Can use network to benefit Orange Bus’ position within new or existing clients.
- Can co-ordinate a bid team to ensure formal bid timelines are achieved.
- Has client facing consultancy experience across a range of complex engagements.
- Has a good business background, and a strong understanding of how organisations operate from across a range of sectors.
- Has good all-round consulting capability and can demonstrate evidence of skill or sector specialism and deep skill or sector knowledge.
- Has broad commercial knowledge and can lead on the commercial modelling of sales opportunities.
- Understands future trends in line with the Orange Bus value propositions and can confidently articulate these to clients.
- Works well in a team environment with a focus on managing resources and co-ordinating assets/deliverables.
- Strong analytical, oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Essential: A minimum of 3 years operating as a Business Development Manager with evidenced, proven track record of building pipeline, following sales process and strong closing skills.
- Desirable: A minimum of 1 years in consultancy led selling with evidenced, proven track record of strong client relationships and opportunity scoping
- Has relevant professional qualifications or accreditations pertaining to the sales environment
- Strong understanding of the sales lifecycle from qualification to close
- Sound commercial understanding with the ability to pull together estimates for opportunities
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience of using a CRM system to track leads and opportunities through the sales lifecycle
A bit about us:
- 11 years strong with a force of 120, and counting.
- Innovation is our product, we dedicate 10% of revenue to advancing in this area.
- We offer staff annual leave starting at 23 days rising to 27 days, including the option to purchase additional days annually, competitive salaries, pension scheme and the opportunity to shape our business.
- Choose from a range of benefits to suit you: childcare vouchers, discounted gym membership, season ticket loans, dental plans and much more.
- Casual, friendly office culture. Staff work hard together,and enjoy Friday afternoon Beers with Ideas, social events and hackdays. Our unique offices include a Games Room, Ideas Room and areas dedicated to agile project delivery.
Thank you, your application has been submitted.