UX Content Strategist
As we explore how to create simple, human, and clear experiences for our customers and for our colleagues, we recognise that words are an incredibly powerful tool.
We’re looking for a natural storyteller, organiser, content designer, and teacher to join our growing UX team. You will love finding ways to describe real human needs in plain language – and will guide others to do the same. You understand the nuances of tone, voice, syntax, systematic thinking, and structure. You also understand how desktop vs. mobile, print vs. digital, and push vs. pull affects the way people read and retain information. We’re looking for a passionate, inquisitive and talented UX Content Strategist to join our growing UX team in our Newcastle HQ or Edinburgh office.
You’ll work closely with other members of your team (UX) and other teams such as design and development to shape customer experiences which are human. You will act as a content specialist that will lead and support on high profile customer projects and our own innovation projects. From agile web builds to software launches, apps on Apple Watch to BBC Hackathons, we’ll be designing the next generation of digital experiences for clients such as Philips, the NHS, Aston Martin Racing and Barbour.
A bit about you:
- 3+ years’ practical experience with digital UX content strategy - preferably with a portfolio to demonstrate.
- A degree or proven experience in communications, UX, HCI, research, multimedia, product design, web development or any related field to a 2:1 or 1st level.
- Confident leading and developing content plans and strategies based on user and business needs and able to make content recommendations based on user research.
- Able to work autonomously as well as part of a team - collaborating with UX designers to deliver wireframes and working closely with User Researchers to gain insight into user needs.
- Personal experience or experience working with others following UX methodologies, creating user journeys & user flows.
- Able to lead and facilitate workshops to educate clients on content strategy and establish business specific approaches including templates and process flows.
- Skilled in managing complex content inventories/audits and architecture processes for large website/application projects.
- Confident in providing content related training and support across various internal and external teams. Including educating clients and the business on the principles of content design.
- Will play a critical role in defining the tone of voice, vocabulary, and personality of emerging technologies such as voice, AI, and IoT devices to create intuitive interactions.
- Can analyse analytical data to understand user behavior and measure content impact to test your assumptions. Proven experience in using metrics and user feedback to define and improve content.
- Extensive experience of writing for the web, with proven ability to create content that is accessible and usable. Able to write clear, usable content, micro-copy and error messaging in plain English appropriate to audience type and to meet multiple audiences needs.
- Able to support the team by reviewing content to make sure it’s accurate and relevant to user.
- Proven experience of managing relationships with stakeholders. Must be confident negotiating with clients to ensure content is appropriate.
- Experience in working with content publishing systems.
- Understanding of SEO best practice.
- Awareness of emerging technologies such as voice, AI, IoT and Natural -Language Processing. Practical experience a bonus.
A bit about us:
- Our current UX team is made up of 10 UX specialists, from a multitude of backgrounds from games design to psychology and healthcare to government.
- 11 years strong with a force of 120, and counting.
- Innovation is our product, we dedicate 10% of revenue to advancing in this area.
- We offer staff annual leave starting at 23 days rising to 27 days, including the option to purchase additional days annually, competitive salaries, pension scheme and the opportunity to shape our business.
- Choose from a range of benefits to suit you: childcare vouchers, discounted gym membership, season ticket loans, dental plans and much more.
- Casual, friendly office culture. Staff work hard together,and enjoy Friday afternoon Beers with Ideas, social events and hackdays.
- Our unique offices include a Games Room, Ideas Room and areas dedicated to agile project delivery.