DevOps System AdministratorLocation | Newcastle
As a Systems Administrator, you and the team will be responsible for the stable and performant operation of mission critical systems that Orange Bus and our clients depend upon for conducting business.
Working closely with your co-workers in the Development, Service Desk and QA teams, you will oversee support cases, service improvement work and the implementation of new systems from start to finish, taking pride in delivering results to the highest standard.
You’ll be analytically minded, able to work through issues in a logical and methodical way, solving complex challenges without breaking a sweat. Attention to detail is a must have trait, and you’ll be the kind of person who is eager to ensure that everything works just right.
Innovation is at the core of what we do, and you’ll therefore be expected to propose new ways of doing things, or improvements to existing systems and processes.
A bit about you:
- 3-5 years experience with administration of Linux/UNIX systems, preferably Debian or CentOS/RHEL.
- Proficient understanding of hardware virtualization, and experience working with virtualized systems, preferably Xen or Linux KVM.
- Working experience with MySQL.
- Working experience with configuration management / infrastructure as code tools, such as Chef, Ansible or Puppet.
- Working experience of version control systems, preferably Git (BitBucket).
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language, preferably BASH.
- An understanding of networking practice and principles, including VLANs, firewalls and VPNs, ideally in a Cisco environment.
- Experience with analytics and monitoring systems, preferably Nagios/Zabbix/Grafana.
- Experience working with AWS and/or hybrid Cloud solutions
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- A collaborative attitude and ability to work both within a team and independently.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workloads, knowing when to ask for help.
A bit about us:
- 13 years strong with a force of 130, and counting.
- Innovation is our product, we dedicate 10% of revenue to advancing in this area.
- We offer staff annual leave starting at 23 days rising to 27 days, including the option to purchase additional days annually, competitive salaries, pension scheme and the opportunity to shape our business.
- Choose from a range of benefits to suit you: childcare vouchers, discounted gym membership, season ticket loans, dental plans and much more.
- Casual, friendly office culture. Staff work hard together,and enjoy Friday afternoon Beers with Ideas, social events and hackdays. Our unique offices include a Games Room, Ideas Room and areas dedicated to agile project delivery.
Thank you, your application has been submitted.