React DeveloperLocation | Newcastle
As a React Developer at Orange Bus, you will build applications for a number of high profile clients. Using agile methods, you will be involved in all elements of development, with a relentless focus on quality and usability. You will be involved in service design, code build, test, maintenance and support. You will be involved in sales, project budgeting, service design, code build, test, maintenance and support.
A bit about you:
- Write well structured, beautiful and effective code that is accessible and compliant to web standards
- Building prototypes, writing tests, code and documentation
- See unit testing as essential, not an afterthought, and work with junior developers to bring on their skill set
- Be proud of your work and confident it will perform within your team projects
- Be exposed to Orange Bus platform architectures, outlining new techniques and practices where possible
- Architecting systems and applications, producing detailed specifications for review
- Provide timescales for digital projects and work to those timescales.
- Develop custom web applications on time and to budget.
- Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
- Understand the client’s business needs and objectives, and delivering on, on every project you work on.
- Excellent knowledge of modern MVC frameworks (eg. Symphony, Play)
- Full working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, REST, JSON
- Experience with open source solutions and community, including Linux system administration and configuration management skills
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply
- Good understanding of Accessibility best practices and principles.
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
A bit about us:
- 11 years strong with a force of 120, and counting.
- Innovation is our product, we dedicate 10% of revenue to advancing in this area.
- We offer staff annual leave starting at 23 days rising to 27 days, including the option to purchase additional days annually, competitive salaries, pension scheme and the opportunity to shape our business.
- Choose from a range of benefits to suit you: childcare vouchers, discounted gym membership, season ticket loans, dental plans and much more.
- Casual, friendly office culture. Staff work hard together,and enjoy Friday afternoon Beers with Ideas, social events and hackdays. Our unique offices include a Games Room, Ideas Room and areas dedicated to agile project delivery.
Thank you, your application has been submitted.