Senior Creative ConsultantLocation | Newcastle
As the Senior Creative Consultant you will be responsible for the creative solutions for complex client engagements, working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams and shaping projects from new business pitching and discovery phases, through to delivery.
You’ll be accountable for developing and communicating the creative vision for our clients, including creative strategies, concept development and a range of supporting visual design artifacts.
Your key responsibilities:
- Leading and setting a clear creative strategy for projects and new business activities.
- Planning, facilitating and creating outputs suitable to the client and project for a wide range of workshop types e.g. KO, requirements gathering, brand, co-design, etc.
- Identifying new opportunities for sales growth with existing clients, introducing new Orange Bus services and capabilities.
- Supporting the business in new thinking, encouraging innovation and ingenuity within the team and business to improve ways of working.
- Supporting the client and the team in looking at the long term, suggesting solutions which help overcome project risks and constraints, which arise throughout the project such as customer availability, time, budget or project approach (e.g. agile/lean).
- Working with client stakeholders to help implement parts of their content strategy.
- Supporting the team in preparing and delivering brand workshops to inform and define the brand concept.
- Supporting internal and external co-design sessions, collaborative research observations etc.
- Confidently creating and developing brands including brand messaging guidelines.
- Solving complex UI design problems and making informed design decisions based on available information.
- Supporting the project team in investigating who the users are, and identifying their needs (key tasks and questions) and business goals.
- Suggesting content direction, where appropriate, across a range of content types, devices and channels and contributing to the development of creative messaging.
- Defining the best method for prototyping concepts based on the project requirements and transitioning to wider team for implementation.
- Creating suitable prototypes where required and planning user flow to communicate a proof of concept to stakeholders or support in research objectives.
- Clearly documenting and communicating design rationale to inform and present to client stakeholders and peers.
- Compelling presentation style that owns and sells pitches
- Possesses a strong appreciation for technology and interaction design
- Proactive with well-developed critical thinking skills who has the ability to process, react to, and solve problems in a timely manner as they arise
- Passion for making gorgeous, ground-breaking work and a commitment to fostering the talents of the peers they work closely with
- Pragmatic and enthusiastic attitude to work
- Motivated and able to work proficiently independently and in a team environment
- Thorough working knowledge of design principles and practices
- Strong communication skills. Able to explain ideas and rationale (written or verbal) to project team members and external stakeholders as well as provide constructive design critique across the Creative Design team
- Strong ability to absorb large amounts of conflicting information and use it to produce simple designs
- Good ability to plan for the scalability of a design solution, to anticipate how constraints might change and knows how/where to challenge or remove constraints
- Strong understanding of best practice design for accessibility, colour contrast, tabbed browsing, screen reader technology, and actively testing own visual designs as well as the rest of the teams to ensure accessibility with use of colour contrast analyser
- Strong understanding of designing interfaces that are responsive as well as platform and device agnostic, so that they work on as many different end user devices as possible. e.g. web, app (android and iphone), apple watch
A bit about you:
- Desirable: education to degree standard in design, HCI, multimedia or a related field.
- 5+ years proven experience as a Senior Creative Designer or similar role
- Demonstrable all-around consultancy skills and can demonstrate evidence of creative sector specialism and deep skill or sector knowledge
- Experience of working closely with clients and presenting to senior stakeholders.
- Extensive experience of working in Adobe creative suite and Sketch Desktop app, Basic/good understanding of Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro.
A bit about us:
- 11 years strong with a force of 120, and counting.
- Innovation is our product, we dedicate 10% of revenue to advancing in this area.
- We offer staff annual leave starting at 23 days rising to 27 days, including the option to purchase additional days annually, competitive salaries, pension scheme and the opportunity to shape our business.
- Choose from a range of benefits to suit you: childcare vouchers, discounted gym membership, season ticket loans, dental plans and much more.
- Casual, friendly office culture. Staff work hard together,and enjoy Friday afternoon Beers with Ideas, social events and hackdays. Our unique offices include a Games Room, Ideas Room and areas dedicated to agile project delivery.
Thank you, your application has been submitted.