Senior / User Experience DesignerLocation | Newcastle
As the discipline of User Experience (UX) continues to evolve, we have the opportunity to create simple day-to-day experiences which engage, excite, and stimulate users in new and innovative ways. If you’re curious about what works, and love to make things even better just because you can, Orange Bus has an opportunity for you.
Our UX Director, Joanne Rigby, is looking for passionate, inquisitive and talented Senior and Mid-weight UX designers to join her growing team in our Newcastle upon Tyne HQ.
As a UX Designer you’ll be responsible for applying a user centred design methodology on projects from start to finish, by drawing together the client’s business requirements, the end-users’ needs and an understanding of the technical capabilities, developing an elegant customer experience. You’ll predominantly design services and products which are digitally focused but have an appreciation for the customer experience across channels beyond digital.
As the UX expert on projects you’ll facilitate and deliver a user centred design methodology, collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team. From agile web builds to software launches, apps on Apple Watch to BBC Hackathons, we’ll be designing the next generation of digital experiences for the clients such as Philips, the NHS, Force India and Barbour.
A bit about you:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a UX role, with a portfolio to demonstrate.
- A degree or proven experience in design, HCI, research, multimedia, product design, psychology, web development or any related field to a 2:1 or 1st level.
- Confident in planning and facilitating workshops to exert requirements and build project understanding.
- Ability to plan and execute a wide range of qualitative and quantitative user research methods such as: interviews, usability testing and contextual enquiries with subsequent analysis documentation and expert recommendations.
- Plan user flows / IA structure which are intuitive for users to way find their way around.
- Ability to explore a broad range of potential design solutions, incorporating your knowledge of user needs, user-centred design, and emerging technologies and methods to deliver disruptive solutions where appropriate.
- Propose design solutions, of varying degrees of fidelity which meet requirements whilst being technically feasible such as paper sketches, wireframes, interactive prototypes to communicate layout, hierarchy, flow, and interactions to internal team members and external stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of the design process and application of methodologies with ability to identify and recommend approaches and deliverables, appropriate to the client.
- Apply knowledge of various platforms and constraints such as desktop, mobile, iOS, android, Apple watch, AR/VR etc (and new technologies as they emerge).
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical, written, problem solving, oral and diagrammatic communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with other teams.
- Preferably show experience with Analytics and A/B testing tools, InDesign and Axure RP.
As a Senior UX Designer you’ll also have the following skills:
- Confident in providing UX field related training and mentorship across various internal and external teams. Including educating clients and the business on the importance of a UCD approach to the design and delivery of services.
- Proven experience of collaborating as part of the sales process, involved in proposal responses, pitches and in defining new in-house service offerings.
- Be comfortable building upon business relationships with existing and new clients.
- Suggest and contribute to improving methods and ways of working within the team and across the business.
A bit about us:
- Our current UX team is made up of 10 UX specialists, from a multitude of backgrounds, from games design to psychology and healthcare to government.
- 11 years strong with a force of 120 and counting.
- Innovation is our product, we dedicate 10% of revenue to advancing in this area.
- We offer staff annual leave starting at 23 days rising to 27 days, including the option to purchase additional days annually, competitive salaries, pension scheme and the opportunity to shape our business.
- Choose from a range of benefits to suit you: childcare vouchers, discounted gym membership, season ticket loans, dental plans and much more.
- Casual, friendly office culture. Staff work hard together,and enjoy Friday afternoon Beers with Ideas, social events and hackdays.
- Our unique offices include a Games Room, Ideas Room and areas dedicated to agile project delivery.
Thank you, your application has been submitted.