Senior Service DesignerLocation | Newcastle
Service Design is an emerging field focused on the creation of well thought through experiences aimed at providing a holistic service to the user across touchpoints.
We’re looking for a passionate, inquisitive and talented Senior Service Designer to join our growing UX team in our Newcastle HQ or Edinburgh office.
We’re looking for someone who is experienced in Service Design research and the business strategy required to support it, as well as someone to help shape our in-house capabilities and support the sales process within our agency.
Your job will be to reimagine the way that services work by helping clients better understand their user and own organisation needs. Working with end users, stakeholders and skilled colleagues to research, design, prototype and build multi-channel services that deliver successful experiences enabling end users to do something they need to do.
You’ll need to think by doing, facilitating others to understand and deliver detail as well as imagining and working towards the bigger picture. Helping better understand the user and organisational needs, by designing end-to-end customer-centric services.
A bit about you:
- 5+ years’ experience in designing and delivering services in a Service Design / UX role or related practice - preferably with a portfolio to demonstrate.
- A degree or proven experience in UX, Design, HCI, research, multimedia, product design, psychology, web development or any related field to a 2:1 or 1st level.
- In-depth understanding of how Service Design processes work and can be shaped for a wide variety of contexts.
- Firm understanding of the impact of strategic business decisions to help shape service offerings.
- Ability to demonstrate a great understanding of digital channels and their impact on offline touchpoints in end to end service experiences.
- Strong knowledge of the design process and application of methodologies with ability to identify and recommend approaches and deliverables, appropriate to the client.
- Exceptional problem solving skills with the ability to cope with complex systems and services.
- Plan and conduct where appropriate qualitative and quantitative user research; experience mapping, service design, conduct audience and stakeholder interviews, create personas, plan user flows and site structure, collaborate to create low/high resolution wireframes and prototypes, facilitate usability testing and produce detailed Service Blueprints.
- Ability to lead and facilitate workshops to define project goals and objectives, user insights, employee needs, functional requirements, content & measures of success and/or used as a research method with end-users.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical, written, problem solving, oral and diagrammatic communication skills in a means appropriate to the audience.
- Able to work autonomously as well as part of a team - collaborating with UX researchers, UX designers, content specialists and developers to deliver approaches and outcomes centred around user needs.
- Confident in providing service design related training and support across various internal and external teams. Including educating clients and the business on the importance of this approach to the design and delivery of services.
- Proven experience of collaborating as part of the sales process and in defining new in-house service offerings.
- Must be confident communicating user needs to team and stakeholders, persuading stakeholders of the value of, and gaining commitment to, a user-centred, design-oriented solution.
- Define and contribute to improving methods and ways of working.
A bit about us:
- Our current UX team is made up of 10 UX specialists, from a multitude of backgrounds from games design to psychology and healthcare to government.
- 11 years strong with a force of 120, and counting.
- Innovation is our product, we dedicate 10% of revenue to advancing in this area.
- We offer staff annual leave starting at 23 days rising to 27 days, including the option to purchase additional days annually, competitive salaries, pension scheme and the opportunity to shape our business.
- Choose from a range of benefits to suit you: childcare vouchers, discounted gym membership, season ticket loans, dental plans and much more.
- Casual, friendly office culture. Staff work hard together,and enjoy Friday afternoon Beers with Ideas, social events and hackdays. Our unique offices include a Games Room, Ideas Room and areas dedicated to agile project delivery.
Thank you, your application has been submitted.