UX DesignerLocation | Newcastle
As a User Experience (UX) Designer you are responsible for applying a user centred design methodology on projects from start to finish. You draw together the client’s business requirements, customer/end-users’ needs and technical capabilities, to develop an elegant user experience. You will predominantly design services and products which are digitally focused but will have an appreciation for the customer experience across channels beyond digital.
This role doesn’t work in isolation on a single task in a project. Instead, you are the guardian of the User Experience on the project from start to finish, working collaboratively within the team.
A bit about you:
- Deliver the most suitable design solutions which meet user needs, business needs and reflect known constraints.
- Collaborate with other UXers, Developers, Visual Designers and QA to arrive at the most suitable solution quickly.
- Select appropriate user and business research activities to gain a deep understanding of needs.
- Gather insights and data related to competitors and market sectors and be able to communicate key insights, themes and opportunities to your team and stakeholders.
- Conduct, analyse and present user research - behavioural, attitudinal, and evaluative. Be confident choosing the most appropriate methodology depending on the stage of the project.
- Plan and facilitate collaborative stakeholder and/or customer workshops that support and drive the project forward.
- Conduct heuristic reviews of current sites or services, and use them to inform UX and design direction
- Plan user flows and information architecture (IA) that is intuitive for users to find their way around your site or service.
- Produce high quality deliverables that clearly communicate rationale in an easy to understand, compelling manner.
- Create prototypes at the most appropriate fidelity for their purpose.
- Provide recommendations for iterations or improvements based on regular user research.
A bit about us:
- 11 years strong with a force of 120, and counting.
- Innovation is our product, we dedicate 10% of revenue to advancing in this area.
- We offer staff annual leave starting at 23 days rising to 27 days, including the option to purchase additional days annually, competitive salaries, pension scheme and the opportunity to shape our business.
- Choose from a range of benefits to suit you: childcare vouchers, discounted gym membership, season ticket loans, dental plans and much more.
- Casual, friendly office culture. Staff work hard together,and enjoy Friday afternoon Beers with Ideas, social events and hackdays. Our unique offices include a Games Room, Ideas Room and areas dedicated to agile project delivery.
Thank you, your application has been submitted.