UX ResearcherLocation | Newcastle
Research underpins every project at Orange Bus to allow our clients and multi-disciplinary teams to make informed decisions and design to meet user needs. If you thrive on understanding and applying the right technique at the right time in the product and service design process, Orange Bus has an opportunity for you.
As a UX Researcher you’ll be responsible for conducting user and business research activities to understand business requirements, user behaviour, uncover user needs and evaluate designs or existing services.
Your research activities will support our teams to apply a user centred design methodology to projects from start to finish, developing an elegant customer experience.
As a research expert, you’ll support and advise the wider team around research activities, whilst representing the department across the business, to clients and other third parties. You’ll also serve as the expert on projects to facilitate and deliver user and business research activities within a multidisciplinary team. From agile web builds to software launches, apps on Apple Watch to BBC Hackathons, we’ll be designing the next generation of digital experiences for the clients such as Philips, the NHS, Force India and Barbour.
A bit about you:
- 3+ years’ practical experience with digital user research - preferably with a portfolio to demonstrate.
- A degree or proven experience in UX, HCI, research, multimedia, product design, psychology, web development or any related field.
- Planning and executing a wide range of qualitative and quantitative user research methods such as interviews, usability testing and contextual enquiries with subsequent analysis and expert recommendations.
- Plan and facilitate evaluative user research to provide actionable insight into future improvements.
- Analyse, interpret and apply insights from research to form concise, clear and useful deliverables which communicate findings such as customer journey maps/ service blueprints, personas, findings reports, videos, illustrations or diagrams.
- Able to work autonomously as well as part of a team - collaborating with UX designers and content specialists to deliver wireframes and prototypes centred around user needs.
- Able to lead and facilitate workshops to define project goals and objectives, user insights, functional requirements, content & measures of success and/or used as a research method with end-users.
- Skilled in planning research approaches suitable for the project - from large, complex discovery phases to leaner, agile methodologies.
- Confident in providing research related training and support across various internal and external teams. Including educating clients and the business on the importance of regular user engagement.
- Proven experience of managing relationships with stakeholders. Must be confident communicating user needs to team and stakeholders, persuading stakeholders of the value of, and gaining commitment to, a user-centred, design-oriented solution.
We are also looking for a UX Researcher with a proven specialism in quantitative research methods and analytics insight. You must be excited by the challenge of big data sources and how we can use this insight to inform our understanding of user behaviour and needs.
- Can analyse a variety of data sources to understand user behavior and measure impact to test your assumptions. Proven experience in using metrics and user feedback to define and improve experiences.
- Able to recommend measurement frameworks for both internal and client use which provide insight into the customer experience and performance.
- Plan and conduct a/b or multivariate testing to optimise and refine live products or services.
- Be an expert in Google Analytics or equivalent ie. Adobe Analytics.
- Analyse traffic and performance data to understand user behaviour and actions through popular analytics packages and tools such as web analytics tools, including heatmapping, session-replay and testing tools, and tag management systems eg: ClickTale, Crazy Egg, Sessioncam, Visual Website Optimiser, Adobe Target, Optimizely, Maxymiser and Monetate.
- Employ quantitative research methods to inform decisions such as surveys where appropriate within the user-centred design process.
- Understanding of big-data techniques and aggregating big-data with the outputs from traditional UX research.
- Able to communicate complex data to internal teams and clients in a meaningful and understandable way that informs decision making.
A bit about us:
- Our current UX team is made up of over 25 UX specialists, from a multitude of backgrounds from games design to psychology and healthcare to government.
- 11 years strong with a force of 120, and counting.
- Innovation is our product, we dedicate 10% of revenue to advancing in this area.
- We offer staff annual leave starting at 23 days rising to 27 days, including the option to purchase additional days annually, competitive salaries, pension scheme and the opportunity to shape our business.
- Choose from a range of benefits to suit you: childcare vouchers, discounted gym membership, season ticket loans, dental plans and much more.
- Casual, friendly office culture. Staff work hard together,and enjoy Friday afternoon Beers with Ideas, social events and hackdays.
- Our unique offices include a Games Room, Ideas Room and areas dedicated to agile project delivery.
Thank you, your application has been submitted.